Terms and Conditions
Wilkes University no longer offers the Nursing Education Advantage (NEA) program to MS, RN-MS, or DNP students as of March 1, 2016, or to RN-BS students as of March 8, 2016. Therefore, textbooks and Amazon Kindle Fire 7 devices are no longer included in tuition for students enrolled in MS, RN-MS, or DNP programs on or after March 1, 2016, or for students enrolled in RN-BS program on or after March 8, 2016.
However, those students who enrolled prior to the offer termination date corresponding to their degree program, and who otherwise would have qualified for participation in the program, are entitled to receive the benefits of the program to the same extent and under the same terms and conditions that were on offer before the program terminated.
The following terms and conditions apply only to students who were enrolled in one of the qualifying nursing degree programs listed below prior to the applicable expiration date corresponding to their degree program:
Nursing Education Advantage (Amazon Kindle Fire 7 and free books)
Wilkes University’s Nursing Education Advantage Program (the "NEA Program") supports advanced online nursing education outcomes by enhancing the student experience for new online nursing students enrolled in any of the following degree programs.
- RN to BS
- Master of Science with Major in Nursing, Nurse Executive
- Master of Science with Major in Nursing, Nursing Education
- Master of Science with Major in Nursing, Nursing Informatics
- RN to MS
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Required books are included in tuition: Wilkes University aims to provide course material to students enrolling in select nursing degree programs (listed above). Currently, course materials are defined as required textbooks. This benefit does not cover optional reading assignments or any material other than the official required textbooks.
- Textbooks may be delivered in either hard copy or electronic format, at Wilkes’ sole discretion. In most cases:
- If an e-book (textbook in electronic format) exists for a given title, students will receive the e-book
- If a student prefers a print version, the student may purchase one at the student’s expense (including shipping/delivery charges)
- If an e-book doesn’t exist for a given title, students will receive a print version (paid for and shipped by Wilkes), typically in the following order:
- Used version
- If no used version is available, students will receive a rental book
- If no rental version is available, students will receive a new copy of the print version
- An Amazon Kindle Fire 7 is included in tuition, under the following conditions:
- The Amazon Kindle Fire 7 is only available to residents of the United States and Canada.
- Applicants must successfully meet all requirements for Wilkes University admission, and become enrolled in one of the above-listed online degree programs before receiving the Amazon Kindle Fire 7.
- The Amazon Kindle Fire 7 will be shipped to the recipient after successful completion of the second 3-credit course, with a passing grade. (Please note that processing and shipment may take several weeks after verification of completion.)
- Upon receipt of the Amazon Kindle Fire 7, the student accepts sole ownership of the device(s).
- The Amazon Kindle Fire 7 offer can only be combined with other offers at Wilkes University’s sole discretion.
- The Amazon Kindle Fire 7 model selection is at Wilkes University’s sole discretion.
- While the manufacturer’s warranty may apply, no claims, representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, are made by Wilkes University as to the safety, reliability, durability, quality, condition, merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, or performance of the device. Furthermore, Wilkes University accepts no liability whatsoever for the safety, reliability, durability, quality, condition, merchantability, fitness for particular purpose or performance of the device.
- The Amazon Kindle Fire 7 is not intended to be the primary device for accessing online classroom and course material.
- Amazon Kindle Fire 7s are awarded only once, with no replacements in case of loss, theft, or damage due to any reason.
The program can be cancelled or modified at Wilkes’ sole discretion at any time.
Please note that the NEA Program does not apply to every nursing degree program offered at Wilkes University. Participation in the NEA Program - and qualification for the components described in these Terms & Conditions - is currently limited to the degree programs specifically listed herein (see above). Please review the list provided to see if you qualify for participation in the NEA Program.